The Wolverine Sequel To Film After X-Men: Apocalypse Says James Mangold
created 03/17/2014 - 9:18am, updated 03/17/2014 - 9:23am
James Mangold will be back with another Wolverine solo film, and the director lets it be known he will begin filming after X-Men: Apocalypse.
Mangold let the news be known on Twitter:
Mangold (@mang0ld) March 15, 2014
Mangold also confirmed it's another Wolverine solo film:
With cost of 117M and WW gross of 415M (#2 of all X's), of course there'll be another Wolverine solo. Manufactured internet drama is boring!— Mangold (@mang0ld) March 17, 2014
Regarding Hugh Jackman, the actor is expected back as the titular character, though Jackman has made mention recently about getting replaced. Previously, Jackman also mentioned that the script would need to be right for a Wolverine sequel as well.
X-Men: Apocalypse looks to be a sequel to X-Men: First Class and is said to not be featuring the original X-Men movie characters, which would rule out Hugh Jackman. Recently Bryan Singer stated X-Men: Apocalypse will be set in the 1980s and will feature mass destruction not previously seen in any of the X-Men movies.
Hugh Jackman can next be seen as Wolverine in X-Men: Days Of Future Past, which hits theaters May 23rd.