Batmobile Tour LSU Schedule
created 11/02/2012 - 6:03pm, updated 11/02/2012 - 6:06pm
WHAT: The Batmobile Tour
WHEN: Saturday, November 3 in Baton Rouge
12:00PM –4:00PM (for media photo opps)
10:00AM –7:00PM FOR THE PUBLIC
Monday, November 5 in New Orleans
3:00PM – 6:00PM (for media photo opps)
10:00AM – 7:00PM FOR THE PUBLIC
WHERE: Saturday - Louisiana State University
Parade Ground - Highland Rd and Raphael Semmes Rd,
Baton Rouge, LA, 70813
Monday – Mercedes Benz Superdome
Concourse level, NW corner - Sugar Bowl Drive,
New Orleans, LA 70112
Experience Batman franchise history as the Batmobiles embark on a tour of sporting events across America prior to the December 4th home entertainment release of The Dark Knight Rises, the final film in Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy.
The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray Combo Pack includes “The Batmobile” documentary, an hour-long in-depth look into every aspect of the most awe-inspiring weapon in Batman’s arsenal. Journey through the birth and evolution of this technological marvel and cultural icon.
The following vehicles will be on display:
• Batman television series and Batman, The Movie (1966) - driven by Adam West
• Batman (1989), Batman Returns (1992) – driven by Michael Keaton
• Batman Forever (1995) – driven by Val Kilmer
• Batman & Robin (1997) – driven by George Clooney
• Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008), The Dark Knight Rises (2012) – Black Tumbler, Camouflage Tumbler (New Orleans only), Bat-Pod (New Orleans only)– driven by Christian Bale
The next stop on the tour will be the Cincinnati Bengals vs. the New York Giants in Cincinnati on Sunday, 11/11.
• Batman Television Series and Batman, the Movie (1966)
Designer and builder George Barris and Barris Kustom Ind.
• Batman (1989), Batman Returns (1992)
Batman (1989) Production Designer Anton Furst, with art director Terry Ackland-Snow and special effects supervisor John Evans for the build. Batman Returns (1992) Production designer Bo Welch – modifications made.
• Batman Forever (1995)
Production designer Barbara Ling, with automotive illustrator Tim Flattery and builders TransFX.
• Batman & Robin (1997)
Production designer Barbara Ling, with designer/illustrator Harald Belker and builders TransFX.
• Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008), The Dark Knight Rises (2012) (Black Tumbler, Camouflage Tumbler, Batpod) Director Christopher Nolan and production designer Nathan Crowley with special effects supervisor Chris Corbould and his team of special effects technicians for the build.